Shakespeare 1 (Return)
1. What was Sherlock Holmes' exclamation when he begins the investigation
of a crime?
2. What is the name of William Safire book about great speeches in history?
3. What was the 1932 courageous science fiction novel by Aldous Huxely that runs the gamut from Alpha to Epsilon?
4. What was the name of John Steinbeck`s novel about a Long Islander who spends the winter working as a clerk in the grocery store he used to own? His wife and kids are not content with what he can give them.
5. What is the name of Richard Matheson`s nightmare novel whose main character, Chris, dies and goes to heaven, only to find that his wife has committed suicide and is now in hell. Chris descends into hell with the help of his old mentor Albert to try to rescue his wife. Made into a movie starring Robin Williams.
6. What was William Faulkner’s fourth novel that depicts the decline of the once-aristocratic Compson family. Many consider it to be Faulkner`s finest work, but many think Faulkner is an idiot and his novels are not significant.
7. What was the HBO mini series produced by Stephen Spielberg and directed by Tom Hanks about the US Army 101st Airborne division`s Easy Company and their mission in WWII.
8. What is the name of the group singing?
9. In the Bob Dylan song, Like a Rolling Stone, what line follows:
"You used to be so amused,
At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used,
Go to him now, he calls you, you can`t refuse"?
10. How long have I been working on the railroad?
11. What is the old saw that says, in effect, Just because it`s shiny doesn`t
mean it`s valuable?
12. What brand of shirt is this?
13. What was the 1984 movie starring Charles Bronson about a professional killer who comes out of retirement to investigate and avenge the brutal murder of an old friend by an evil "doctor"?
14. What did Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) called the fake Maltese Falcon?
15. What was the name of the 1967 play and 1971 film, written by John Herbert, about a young man`s experience in prison, depicting homosexual and other kinds of abuse? Miami Vice`s Don Johnson starred in the 1969 Broadway production, which was directed by Sal Mineo.
16. What was the name of the 1980 western directed by Michael Cimino and starring Kris Kristofferson and Christopher Walken that became famous as the biggest box office loser in Hollywood, costing $40 million to make and grossing $3 million?
17. What was the name of the 1981 movie from a novel by Frederic Forsyth, starring Christopher Walkin and Tom Berringer about an American mercenary who executes a coup in a small African country designed to bring to power another dictator friendlier to a British multinational company?
18. Red queen's execution policy.
19. What was the name of the 1967 play and 1971 film, written by John Herbert, about a young man`s experience in prison, depicting homosexual and other kinds of abuse? Miami Vice`s Don Johnson starred in the 1969 Broadway production, which was directed by Sal Mineo.
20. Ray Bradbury's novel about two boys who fall for the Devil's tricks. You can tell the title by the pricking of your thumbs.